Friday, November 15, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #58

Today I'm participating in two Friday writing prompts. I also invite you to link your favorite blog post from this past week below on my Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop. My hop doesn't have a theme, so any family friendly post is welcome. Don't forget to visit the two posts that were linked before yours and make their Saturday sweet!

Create With Joy's Friendship Friday has a"Gratitude" theme for this month. Today's one is Thankful Quotes. I'm sharing with you a post I put together last year around Thanksgiving time with photos of what I am thankful for and 3 really awesome Thankful Quotes that you can pin on Pinterest by using my "Pin it" button on my right-hand sidebar. Here's a peek at one of them:



And, here is my contribution to today's

When it comes to my past relationships, my spouse thinks…

…super jealous thoughts. Mentioning past relationships to my dear spouse is a seriously bad idea. I’m not insensitive about those kinds of things either. He’s just super sensitive. He never kissed a girl romantically until he kissed me. He spent his adolescence at a boy’s school and then went off to serve in the Army for 2 years as was the law in those days. He’s an introvert who, after the Army, had a crush on a few girls during university (even dated briefly) and missions, but nothing came of those crushes. I had a different upbringing and already had a few boyfriends before I fell in love with my future hubby.

You know, it’s silly to think that a couple should divulge everything to each other in marriage. Some things are better left unsaid. What’s past is past. We are building on the present and Hubby and I talk all the time about everything in the present. We have 18 years of it accumulated. That’s a pretty good track record. It hasn’t come without its challenges either. The first 7 years of our marriage were the rockiest, but it got better after that and we are both better people after having gone through it.

How did we keep going when we wanted to be rid of each other? We held onto the concept of the threefold cord in Ecclesiastes 4:12. The picture is a rope with three intertwined strands, which is not easily broken. In marriage, two of the strands would represent us and the third strand God holding us tightly together. Another verse we held onto was the one that says, “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another,” in Proverbs 27:17.

It certainly hasn’t been a walk in the park. In many ways we are complete opposites, but that’s good, because we balance each other. Most importantly, we are best friends… usually.


Don't forget to enter Stanley and Katrina's
Book Blasty Tour $25 Amazon Gift Voucher
or PayPal Cash Giveway here!


*********************

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena